For guys, dieting used to be something you did in secret, like crying! Now, as a blokey topic for pub chat, conversations about carbs are as accecptable as football.
When men decide to do a diet, it is usually because they have crossed a line – something happens that makes them think ‘enough!’. It could be a check up with the doctor that doesn’t go so well or it could be feeling out of breath on the tennis court. Whatever the reason, research suggests that men are better at sticking to a diet than women.
Men are now under huge pressure about the way they look – they, like women are judged by their bodies. As a result men are spending more time and money on grooming and men are now dieting. Of course they’re talking about it too. So here are seven secrets to share with the blokes in the pub!
- A carb curfew really does work
- Protein keeps you feeling fuller for longer – bin the bread, choose bacon and eggs instead (as long as it’s grilled and lean!)
- Stop eating when you feel full – it’s ok to leave food on your plate
- End unconscious eating – don’t eat on the sofa, in the car or indeed anywhere, except at the table. And make a mental note of what you ate – or better still write it down
- Don’t starve yourself all day (classic male behaviour), then gorge on the contents of the fridge when you get home
- Stay hydrated – drink at least a pint of water before you hit the pub. That way you’ll drink for pleasure, not for thirst.
Finally, treat your tummy like your turnover. Chart your weight loss – just like you chart your company’s growth. It will keep you motivated and on track. And here’s a real life graph sent to me by one of my men – I was so impresed I almost offered him a job!
If you want a diet plan fit for a man – contact us now.
ps. check us out in the September edition of FHM!