We sometimes find it hard to stay motivated, to eat healthy or exercise more. We put it off for tomorrow, or next week, and then we end up not doing it at all.
Some of you have a bespoke diet delivery service, like Jane Plan, or a personal trainer showing up at your door. But, what if you don’t? This is where the health-buddy comes in! So what is a health-buddy? It’s a supportive partner with similar goals than you, with whom you are comfortable (like a spouse, relative, or close friend). A workout-buddy is going to encourage and support you through the dieting & exercising process.
And here are 5 reasons why we should all have a health-buddy!
1. With a buddy everything is more fun. When you’re able to chat with a workout partner as you exercise, the time will fly by. This means not only you’ll work out longer and therefore burn more calories, but you’ll also enjoy those “catching up sessions” and see it as something you can look forward to.
2. You will stick to your resolutions. You’ll be less likely to give up on proper eating habits & exercise, with your health-buddy counting on you to be on track with them, and you’ll motivate each other.
3. You won’t cancel a workout. It’s easy to skip a workout when you answer to no one but yourself. But with your health-partner waiting for you, you’ll be less likely to cancel.
4. It will boost your self-esteem. It’s not easy to see yourself objectively; your partner can remind you of your progress so far, and having that validation can help keep your motivation levels high.
5. You can celebrate your successes. You and your health-buddy can set small goals and celebrate every few weeks after you’ve met those. For example, take a night off from stress and go to the movies or to the shopping centre, or even better: get a relaxing massage!
Having a health-buddy is a great motivational and inspirational tool to keep you on track and achieve your goals at a much faster rate than if you did it alone. So grab a buddy, and let’s get healthy!