Find a Weight Loss Buddy to Boost Your Diet Plan
Dieting with a friend or family member can help you stay on track to lose weight
Making the decision to lose weight is a big one and we congratulate you for taking that step. A strong mental attitude is what we all strive for but having a mentor, friend or health professional is such a support for the times when we're tempted. Make sure to share your weight loss journey with those closest to you and make the most of the advice and support available.
FIND A SHOULDER TO LEAN ON
A recent survey has shown that dieting with a friend makes you far more likely to be able to lose the weight and keep it off. It has also been shown that women are likely to lose more weight when dieting with friends, rather than going at it alone.
Here’s a few ideas for how dieting with a friend can help you…
- Make a morning motivational call. Having a quick chat about your dieting commitments for the day will help you to follow through.
- Schedule in your weekly weigh in with your friends. Knowing that you will have to announce your number at the end of each week can keep you focused when you there is temptation around.
- Be each other’s lifelines. When a craving strikes and we feel yourself reaching for some chocolate, call or text your diet buddy. They can reassure you of the goals you have set yourself and stop you steering off course.
- Join an exercise class together. There are so many new types of workouts to try, and there is definitely something to suit everyone. We know how walking into a class of strangers can be daunting, so go together (and then you can laugh about it after!) Jane Plan is a particular fan of Zumba - it’s a brilliant workout and great fun!
- Set yourselves benchmarks. Treat yourself with (non-edible) rewards. For example, once you’ve both lost 8lbs, go pamper yourselves with a beauty treatment!
If you don’t have anyone who springs to mind, remember that the Jane Plan team is here to help and support you all the way. We have an in-house nutritionist who would be delighted to answer any tricky dietary questions or give some motivational advice.
Over the years we’ve formed close relationships with so many of our clients and helped them achieve their goals. So get in touch – we’re only a phone call away.
JOIN OUR ONLINE COMMUNITY
Don't forget about the thousands of Jane Plan members who are active on our social media pages. Need to vent about a diet slip-up? Completely out of ideas on how to jazz up meals? Or maybe you want to shout your successes from the rooftops!
At Jane Plan, our focus is you, so share your journey, be inspired and inspire others too!
Our social media pages are where you'll find fantastic prizes and giveaways, interactions and support. Don't waste another minute missing out - join the party today! Say hello to us today on https://www.facebook.com/JanePlan and follow us on Twitter @JanePlanUK