Terms and Conditions
If you place an order with Jane Plan you are agreeing to the conditions that appear below.
Please read the following carefully.
- We want to make placing your order as easy and convenient as possible, simply complete the on line registration, call us or send us an email. We aim to gather information on your current weight, desired weight, height, age, activity levels and dietary preferences as well as personal information on your lifestyle. Once we confirm acceptance onto JanePlan the duration of your plan will be agreed and payment will be authorised. The minimum order is a one week plan.
- We reserve the right to refuse orders from customers at our discretion.
- Once you have placed your order, we will review the information you have provided. The meals are designed to be nutritionally-balanced, but specific health or dietary requirements or objectives cannot be guaranteed.
Registered Address: 115 Scrubs Lane, London NW10 6QU.
Registered in the United Kingdom, Company registration number: 7441849
We strongly recommend that you should seek medical advice before starting any weight loss or nutritional programme. The information provided by Jane Plan is not medical advice or a substitute for medical treatment. You should not use Jane Plan if you are underweight, pregnant, breastfeeding, under 18 or have any medical condition which affects your dietary requirements.
The advice given by JanePlan is only general and must not be relied upon as being specific health advice. If you are in any doubt about your health, you must see your own nutritionist or doctor as soon as possible.
We accept Visa debit & credit cards, Master Card and Switch. You can also pay by cheque or bank transfer but we are unable to despatch your JanePlan until we have received full payment. Your card will be charged in advance for the full value of your order. We reserve the right to amend or refuse the sale, if the payment received is not correct. Please note that prices may alter, and that we reserve the right to change prices without prior notice.
Any late payments will incur interest at the rate of 10% per annum above the base rate of the Bank of England in force from time to time from the due date until the date of payments after as well as before judgment.
- All orders are shipped by ParcelForce couriers on a next day service. Occasionally we will hand deliver to your door and you are of course welcome to collect your JanePlan from our offices in West London. Orders received by 12.30 pm are shipped for delivery within three working days.
- Usually Parcel Force require a signature for all deliveries however if you have entered alternative delivery instructions (for example “leave with a neighbour” or “leave in shed”) then this is entirely at your own risk and you will be responsible if your Jane Plan goes missing. It is agreed that anyone at the delivery address is entitled to accept delivery.
- Parcel Force will attempt to deliver twice. If you miss both deliveries then you must either pay a charge for a third delivery or go to your local Parcel Force depot to collect. If you fail to collect after three days the goods will be returned to us and we will refund you, minus the delivery charge. Deliveries are made between 8am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. We can deliver on Saturday, however there is a surcharge for this service. We deliver to all over the UK, although occasionally there is a surcharge to parts of Scotland, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands.
- We will be glad to arrange for delivery to an address different to the invoice address. Please indicate clearly the delivery address when placing your order. If it is a delivery to an office please specify the name of your company.
By completing the website order form or placing an order by telephone you are making an offer to purchase goods. We may refuse to accept an order for any reason (including if goods are not available, we cannot authorise payment, there has been a pricing or product description error, or if you are not eligible to buy Jane Plan products). Your offer is accepted by us and our contract concluded when we send email order confirmation to you. Any products which we have not confirmed in the email will not form part of the contract. The Pay Monthly Contract is one contract between us for the recurrent delivery of goods rather than a series of separate contracts.
Every Jane Plan sold by us is backed by our 14 day money-back guarantee. You can cancel the contract at any time up to 14 days from delivery of the first Pay Monthly hamper to you. In order to return any hamper, please obtain a Return Authorisation Number by telephone. You must place the Return Authorisation Number on the outside of every box returned. Returns should be sent to: Jane Plan Ltd., 115 Scrubs Lane, London NW10 6QU. You will pay for the cost of returning goods to us. We will provide you with a full refund within 30 days. The refund will be made by cheque, bank transfer or crediting your card as decided by us.
You can exchange any products within 10 days. You need to send the items you want to exchange to Jane Plan Ltd., 115 Scrubs Lane, London NW10 6QU. A letter should accompany the return detailing the items being returned and replacements required. The replacement items will be sent out free of charge.
Pay Monthly Contracts
Our Pay Monthly Contracts, which are for the repeat delivery of Jane Plan hampers on a monthly basis, have an initial minimum contract term. You may cancel your Pay Monthly Contract at any time after the initial minimum contract term by giving us not less than 14 working days prior notice. Cancellation can only be accepted in writing. Should you cancel your Pay Monthly Contract you will be invoiced for the difference in cost between a Pay Monthly hamper and One Month Pay As You Go hamper. You may also reschedule delivery of any of your Pay Monthly hampers by up to 21 days (by calling us) – again we need 2 working days prior notice.
Where special offers are contingent upon purchase of a Pay Monthly product, which is subsequently cancelled prior to completion of minimum contract term, Jane Plan reserves the right to demand full payment for stated product and/or offer.
Handling and Storage
All our food can be stored in your store cupboard – it does not need to be refrigerated. Cooking and re-heating instructions must be followed closely. Make sure that re-heated food is piping hot throughout. Occasionally the food packaging is damaged during transportation. If your packages are damaged or ‘blown” do not eat the food inside. Call us immediately and we will endeavour to send a replacement.
Our Customer Charter
- We aim to give total customer satisfaction through the goods and services we offer. JanePlan should reach you in perfect condition. If you have reason to suspect that a product is somehow damaged or unfit for human consumption please contact us immediately. We shall endeavour to replace the items. If you do not let us know within one week of your delivery we may not be able to replace the item.
- We reserve the right to make any changes and corrections to this notice. Please refer to this page from time to time to review these and new additional information.
Changes to Terms
We reserve the right to make changes at any time to any part of these terms and conditions. All such changes will be published on the website and/or shall be sent to you by post or with your JanePlan deliveries. If you use the website or place any order with us after the changes have been published, you are agreeing to be bound by those changes.
Use of the Website and our IP
- It is prohibited to duplicate or publish any materials from our web site, recipes, handbook, fit tips, weight loss diary, graphics, images, newsletters and menus.
- You may not commercially exploit any of the content of our Publications. You acknowledge that JanePlan is our trademark and that you may not use the name.
Choice of Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute that may arise out of, under, or in connection with the use of the Website and the purchase of goods from JanePlan and to submit all disputes to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- We shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of our obligations under these terms and conditions due to any cause beyond our reasonable control, including industrial action.
- These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and us and supersede any previous agreement or understanding and may not be varied except in writing between us. All other terms and conditions express or implied by statute or otherwise, are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The waiver by us of any breach or default of these conditions shall not be construed as a continued waiver of that breach, nor as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- If any provision of these conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the other provisions of these conditions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
Jane Plan is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers. We do collect personal information about our customers, however all such information will be collected with your consent. We take the utmost care to keep your personal details secure. We will never give your email or postal address to anyone else.
- We use Google Analytics to track visitors to the web site. We use this to find out how many people are visiting our site and which parts of the site they find interesting. The information we gather from Google Analytics cannot be linked to an individual customer. We may use a “cookie” or your IP Address to recognise your computer via our website. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your hard drive. They are perfectly safe and do not contain any personally identifying information. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled. To find out how to enable/disable cookies see www.allaboutcookies.org
- We may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third parties, but these statistics will not contain any information about you from which you could be identified.
Personally Identifiable Information
- As part of the registration process when you order from JanePlan we ask for basic information about you, including your name, telephone number, email and delivery address as well as a range of information relating to your dietary needs. This information is needed to be able to process your order, design your plan and to correctly deliver to you. We will also pass your address to our delivery team. We may use this information occasionally to notify you about our new services and products, make recommendations to you and advise you of special offers we think you may be interested in.
- You are able to purchase from us even if you choose not to supply any more information than that required to process and deliver your order. If you do not wish to receive emails from us, please let us know by sending an email to us. We will stop doing so immediately.
- Information about you will only be shared or transferred to carefully selected companies or trusted partners with your consent, or unless we are instructed to do so by a recognised legal authority.
Third Party Sites
This website contains links to other web sites. JanePlan cannot be held responsible for the privacy practices of other websites.
Privacy Statement Changes
JanePlan may change this privacy statement at any time. You are advised to read this statement each and every time so that you are satisfied with the privacy conditions under which you provide JanePlan with your personal information.
UK Data Protection Act 1998
The Government of the United Kingdom passed a Data Protection Act in 1998. JanePlan is bound to comply with the principles of good practice in the processing of personal data. Details of Data Protection registration may be found on their website www.dpr.gov.uk
Credit and Debit Card Information:
We need your credit or debit card information (card number, expiry date, billing address & postcode, name on card & CSV number) to process your payments. All such information will only be transmitted using secure servers. We will not use this information for any purpose other than to process your payments.