Uh oh - are you a weekend treater?
You eat carefully in the week, but when it comes to the weekend its a different story. Try our simple tips to keep your diet on track 7 days a week!
You eat carefully in the week, in fact you are a model dieter from Monday to Friday, even if you are super stressed and super busy. However, when it comes to the weekend it's a different story. Friday night takeaways, Saturday morning fry-ups and roast Sunday lunches are big features of the weekend menu. Weekends are your down time - and why not, you've earned it.
The trick is to balance your weekend eating. A couple of your favourite treats at the weekend won't undo all the hard work you've put in during the week, but overdoing it every weekend will!
Here are our six easy tricks to help you smash your weight loss goals:
- Ditch the takeaways (yes, throw away those menus - out of sight, out of mind).
- Enjoy long lazy brunches, but indulge in exotic fruit or scrambled eggs and smoked salmon, rather than bacon and eggs.
- Buy the highest quality ingredients you can afford and create a deliciously healthy dinner. But make sure you don't add bread, potatoes, pasta or rice.
- Love weekend lunches with the children? Change your habits - don't go for pizza, introduce them to sushi instead!
- Sunday roasts are great - the Jane Plan way. Choose a lean cut of meat and cut back on the potatoes, gravy and dessert. Instead finish off lunch with frozen berries. Delicious!
- Don't take the whole weekend off - if you feel you need time out from your diet, have a one splurge night instead, but get straight back on Plan the next day.