Black Bean Salad with Roasted Tomato and Squash
We've adapted and tried a recipe from our favourite chef Anna Jones which makes for a delicious autumn Salad! 350 calories per serving!
Salads don't have to be exclusively for summer, as our most beloved chef Anna Jones has so beautifully exampled in this Autumnal salad recipe. The colours look like fallen leaves and the interesting textures make the dish seem decadent. We think this would be nice as a lunch either to take to work or to serve for a big group. Alternatively it could be served with brown rice or inside toasted bread as an adventurous sandwich filling.
1 tsp Coconut Oil
1 Butternut Squash
1 Cardamom pod (the seeds of)
500g Cherry Tomatoes
2 Tbsp Grated fresh ginger
1 x 400g tin of Black Beans
1 x 120g Rocket
1 Tbsp Greek Yoghurt
1 Lemon (Juice)
1 tsp Olive oil
1 tsp Whole Grain Mustard
pinch of salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 240 celcius. Halve and deseed the squash and cut it into 1cm thick slices. Place them on a baking tray with a drizzle of heated coconut oil, salt, pepper and cardamom seeds. Place in the oven for 25 minutes.
2. Halve the cherry tomatoes and put them on another tray. Sprinkle the grated ginger over and season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, drain the black beans and dry them on kitchen paper. Heat a large pan on medium heat, once hot add the beans and dry fry, aggitating from time to time.
4. Make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients together.
5. Once everything is ready, assemble with the rocket and serve hot!