How to Manage your New Year Resolutions
Are you struggling to keep your goals in mind? Have January blues already set in?
1. Have specific goals
- Be specific
- Don’t just say you want to ‘lose weight’ or ‘be healthy’
- Ask yourself HOW exactly you want to be healthy?
- WHEN and WHY you want to lose weight?
2. Share your goals with friends & family
- This will make your goal more real
- You will feel accountable to not only yourself, but your loved ones
3. Get a partner
- If you find a friend or family member wit a similar goal this can be half the battle
-You will keep each other motivated and on track
4. Be patient
- Remember if you are making a lifestyle change it takes time
- You may find your progress slow, but this may make it more sustainable
- Lasting changes will take time
5. Get up when you slip up
- Stay positive
- Acknowledge your mistakes & learn from them
- Make your new goals a priority
- Schedule them into your calendar
- Find the time to fulfil your resolutions
7. Measure your progress!
- Identify what makes you thrive and was doesn’t
- Then adjust your efforts accordingly