How to transition into Summer
Adjusting to a busier lifestyle can be difficult, so hopefully our helpful tips can make things just that little bit easier.
Busier weekends, evenings, family lives, work commitments. Something has to give.
How do we adjust to our lives becoming more hectic now that a 'free' summer is upon us? Here's our top tips for making the transition.
1. You don't have to say yes to everything. It's only natural to want to (thankyou FOMO), but if you overpack your calendar you risk burning the candle at both ends. Having a night off and relax!
2. Plan your meals for the week ahead. When things get hectic, healthy eating can go out of the window. Sunday is usually a quiet day when you can get your shopping in and do some meal and snack prep. They do say preparation is half the battle after all.
3. Get your steps in. Off for dinner? Why not walk if you can or get off the stop before you need to if you're travelling on public transport. Social plans in the evening are when lots of us head to the gym, so if you can't make your usual workout at least you've done some step for the day.
4. Relax before bed. Feeling frantic before you go to bed can make it difficult to sleep. Pour yourself a soothing herbal tea and take 15 minutes to wind down. Writing down any residual thoughts and tasks from the day can help take the weight off your mind too. Your list will be there in the morning.
5. Pencil in me time. Whether it's a walk in the morning, a book in the evening, or even some time to catch up on chores, you need to schedule in some time just for you.