Diet friendly lunch tips!
Take control and make conscious choices about what you eat at lunchtime. Trust us, your waistline will thank you for it.
A working lunch or even lunch with friends can be very challenging when it comes to making on-plan choices. Bread baskets, wine, rich starters, it really is a force of will not to cave in. Stay strong, follow these steps and you will be laughing all the way to your next weigh-in!
One way to avoid off-plan eating is to anticipate and plan for situations that might throw you off like a lunch with friends or collegues. Wine might be ordered or a sharing platter might put you in a tricky situation. Don't worry! We have some nifty strategies to see you eat just the way that you want.
- Order a simple green salad with dressing on the side or order one course only
- Tell the bread basket to ‘talk to the hand’
- Tell your friends/colleagues you have already had a working breakfast or are attending a dinner that evening
- Set yourself a deadline to leave, and explain that you’re in a rush, so can’t eat too much
- Drink plenty of water
- Check out the restaurant menu in advance and suggest a place that serves small portions and healthy food
- Sushi makes an ideal low-calorie lunch!