Low FODMAP Recipes
Try these delicious LOW FODMAP meals!
Warm Fruity Porridge - Serves 1
40g Gluten Free Porrige Oats
100ml Dairy Free Milk -lactose free or almond or rice milk (no more than 200ml)
Pinch of Flaked Almonds
80g Blueberries and raspberries
- Put the oats and milk into a small pan and heat, stirring continuously for around 3 – 4 minutes. Add the berries and continue to cook for a further 2 until you reach your desired consistency.
- Plate up and sprinkle with flaked almonds and blueberries
Spiced Quinoa, Feta and Almond Salad – serves 4
1tbsp garlic infused olive oil
1tsp ground coriander
1/2tsp turmeric and paprika
50g toasted almonds
Handful of fresh parsley
Juice of 1 Lemon
Salt and pepper
100g Cherry tomatoes, halved
200g Roasted butternut squash
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Lightly coat the butternut squash in the garlic oil with some salt and pepper and cook in a preheated oven for around 30 minutes.
- Boil the quinoa in 600ml of water for around 10-15 minutes then drain.
- Meanwhile heat 1tbsp of oil in a pan, add the cherry tomatoes and spices and gently fry until the tomatoes have softened.
- Add the cooked quinoa to the tomatoes and spices and stir through, coating the quinoa in the tomato spice mix. Add the cooked butternut squash and season to taste.
- Stir through the feta and sprinkle with flaked almonds. Can be enjoyed warm or cold.
Spaghetti Bolognese – serves 4
1tbsp Garlic infused Olive Oil
400g Lean Beef Mince
1 carrot, diced
2 large Leeks (green part only – do not use the bulb, white part)
200ml of Low FODMAP beef stock (not essential, can just use water and add additional seasoning)
400g Canned chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp Tomato puree
2 tsp Dried mixed herb (oregano, basil, thyme)
400g Gluten free spaghetti
Salt and pepper
2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- Add the oil to the pan and fry the leeks and carrots until softened. Then add the mince to the same pan and brown.
- Once browned, add the herbs and tomato paste to the pan and stir. Then add the canned tomatoes, stock, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Simmer the sauce until cooked, add additional seasoning to taste. Meanwhile, cook the gluten free spaghetti as per the instructions on the packet.
- Serve with sprinkle with a little parmesan and fresh basil.